Thursday, July 12, 2012

Covenant College's Soccer Camp

This past week, my soccer team and I adventured up north to Lookout Mountain, GA to soccer camp at Covenant College. It have a world of different feelings about camp up there! It goes from having fun, to being completely exhausted, and to laughing until you cry and choke on Gatorade! This year was the best year out of the 4 years I have been. I thought I did well and improved, and so did the others. It did rain on us.. a LOT! Thankfully, it didn't lightning a lot so were able to still play. When it did, we were able to go inside to the gym to play real games and tournaments. The coach there also let us use the cars to get to the field in the rain instead of walking the 1/2 mile to get there which was nice. However, that did give our van a nice smell to ride home in today. ;)

Camp is always really fun in the aspect of growing friendships. I have two very best friends, Madison and Michala, who are the funniest, most encouraging, and best friends I could ask for at Strong Rock. I was thankful I got to room with Madison, who is a prankster and loves doing anything to mess with Michala. Michala is quiet to strangers but is amazing and so... well awesome for me in this time of my life. She was able to walk with me to get the pizza we ordered Wednesday night and it is wonderful to just be able to talk. She is really one of the best players we have and will sadly graduate this year... it's gonna be emotional! Madison is in my class so we will both graduate the year after this one.

That leads me to write about something else... college. My mom and dad asked me if being there at Covenant made me want to go there/ not want to. And really, it did neither. I have loved it since the first year I went, but I just don't know if it's where I need to be. I want it, it just seems that some other schools may be more obvious in my decision of where to go in God's plan. It's going to be a hard decision... financially, spiritually, mentally, and all of those other things. I would really like to go to college with Madison. Am I supposed to? I have no idea. Public or private? I have no idea. And I really need to start praying and trying to get somewhere in my heart and mind of what God wants. I've looked into more places, it just seems that this is going to be one of my first BIG decisions. And I'm thankful for it, because it's forcing me to rely on God for direction.

OH, and Happy Birthday Mom!

KayBay

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see where the Lord leads you! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Jessica said. I will pray that God gives you clear direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You started another blog! Hooray! =)

    ReplyDelete