Sunday, September 16, 2012

Since it's been a month since my last post... :)

Well, the last time I looked at my blog, I didn't have anything to write about. But, it's been a month since then... I think a couple of things have happened since then!

First off, our school had an amazing thing called RUSH week 2 weeks ago (R U Seeking Him?). It is a fun week to have dress down days every day and have chapel every day. In all the years past, it has just been something to kind of get you back on track in your walk, if you know what I mean. This year was different though. It was genuinely salvations of the lost and seeking answers for big questions to many of the students. There were 13 known salvations and about 30 that came to seek counsel on things. My dad was able to lead at least 1 for sure that I know of. I was able to be a part of prayer for many of my friends. Two of our football players were saved (and we won that Friday night too!!!). One of the freshman girls were saved. A girl in my grade was saved that I've been praying for, for a long time. It was just a really good time in the life of SRCS and will be a day never forgotten. September 7. :) We were also able to pray for the speaker as a student body- for his ministry and for he and his wife to be able to have kids after trying for a while.


 
 
I also wanted to say that our missionary friends from Kenya are finally back!!! They will be staying with us the weekend after fall break. They have 4 little girls that are so awesome. :) I have known them since 5th grade I guess. The two youngest were born while they were over there.

 
Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Those ARE great things to celebrate! Praise the Lord for His mighty power!

    ReplyDelete